This project is read-only.

Not got it to work yet

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM

First, thank you very much to Ironic77 for creating this project. I only came across this project today after a group of users ask if all their outgoing emails could be forwarded to Postini.

I think I've followed the instructions closely but, so far, all emails are getting routed through the original Send Connector.

I'm using Exchange 2010 sp1 with all the rollup packages applied.

I think there are a few typos in the documentation:-

1 - in "Installation 1" the path on my server is: c:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\v14\TransportRoles\agents\RoutingRule\RoutingRuleAgent.dll and this differs from the documentations "\Transport Role\" instead of "\TransportRoles\"

2 = In "Usage 2" I think the header name should be ""X-MS-Exchange-Organization-RoutingRuleDomain" instead of "X-MS-ExchangeOrganization-RoutingRuleDomain"

Anyway I got past these typos but still no joy. As always with Exchange I'm never sure how long I have to wait for a change to take effect. I've now rebooted after the installation.

The Get-Transport Agent command shows Transport Rule Agent with a priority of 1 and Routing Rule Agent with a priority of 10. I think this is what you mean by the Routing Rule Agent sghould have a lower priority.

I would be grateful If you have any suggestions of how to proceed.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Thanks!

I will try to fix the documentation, though I thought I had covered these in the document errata.  Sorry!

I have heard one or two reports of it not working.  In order to troubleshoot, I need you to turn up the logging (per doc) to level 7, restart Transport Service, and try a message that meets the rule criteria.

I've opened an issue to track this as well and will get to the bottom of it quickly if you can get me your logs.

I apologize for any inconvenience, as well as for being away from the discussions so long!

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I fixed the problem I mentioned above.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Since I was working on this in November the immediate need for this function has gone away so I uninstalled the transport agent. As I only have a production server to work with I'm relunctant, at the moment, to reinstate it. It would, though, be great to know that this function is available if this comes up again.

Did you mean, in your last post, that you've fixed the documentation and not the problem I had of it not working?

Thanks for all your efforts with this.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Absolutely do encourage testing it a bit if you can before you throw it in production.  But I've also designed it such that worst case scenario, it's easy to simply uninstall or disable the agent / disable the rule, etc.

I fixed the documentation, and a couple of other code bugs.  I can't say for certain if I caught everything, or caught your issue (without more details), but I would guess that you easily could have been hitting some of the same issues.

I will be paying better attention, and hope you have better luck should you try again sometime.